Wednesday, April 04, 2007
Digital Storytelling
I visited some of the sites from Allen's email, hoping to find a decent idea of what digital stories actually are, because I wasn't too sure. After browsing for a while I came to a general understanding, and think that digital storytelling is a great idea for the classroom. It brings a sense of audience to student writing and, at least in all the examples I saw, the stories are personal and creative, something that students can identify with because they're putting a part of themselves into their work. I didn't take a look at any teacher-produced digital stories, thought I'd be interested to see what kinds of things teachers chose to discuss. My only problem is that I still have no idea what I should make my digital story about. Any ideas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm having trouble coming up with a topic as well... but for inspiration, it might help you to just flip through your photos (online or otherwise) until you unearth a memory of an experience or a story that you think is worth retelling, or maybe have an idea to assemble a bunch of pictures together to create something new. That's what I've been doing.
What I did was took some random pictures that I had and made a story out of them. It makes absolutely no sense and is probably the funniest thing I put together since my Podcasts. Maybe trying this approach will help you. Good luck!
Post a Comment