Monday, April 09, 2007
progress
The digital story ideas are coming along, but I have a sinking feeling that this is likely to turn out like the podcast fiasco. My problem is that I have a serious lack of pictures, and therefore, a lack of memories. I started making a sample based on a short story my roommate wrote, but since it's not my personal story I'm not sure if it counts. If it doesn't I'm afraid I'm tapped. I'm not sure this is going to be my most crowning achievement, but we'll see on Wednesday I guess. I think this is an idea that I could play around with more and really like, but it's hard to try and make a decent product at the end-of-the-year crunch time, especially with my literary world taking over my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You may want to look at literature found in the public domain. Try http://www.bartleby.com/. These works can be borrowed, legally. I put music and images to Kafka writings. Yeah, the images are personal, but they somehow matched up with the Kafka writing. It ends up being a strange collaboration.
So yeah, it's okay to use other people's writing if you can't think of anything yourself. And this advice is coming from a creative writer? I'm not a machine. I can't be creating stories constantly. I believe it's just as creative to take old stories and novels and poems and create something new out of it. That's why I like adaptation so much. Think of it as adaptation.
I don't know if I just missed this minor point (which is very possible since I missed the Digital Storytelling class), but from reading through a few blogs, it seems most people are focusing on just personal experiences. I'm going another route and doing a kind of introduction into the themes prevalent in the novel Brave New World. If you're still at a loss for an idea, something like that may be a possibility...
Post a Comment